What is Zumos and how do I use it?
HeadStart Wolverhampton is delighted to be partnering with Zumos UK as part of our offer to support the emotional well-being and resilience of young people in HeadStart schools across the city.
Zumos is the first web service of its kind, and is your online tool box for a happier life and motivator to achieve future success. Zumos builds your self-confidence and wellbeing, and helps you to practise being a mindful person and to build your inner strength and resilience.
Zumos resources for secondary age students are directly integrated into the HeadStart Support and Guidance site. For secondary age students, Zumos is 100% anonymous; you cannot be identified unless you intentionally disclose your identity in the Zumos messaging service to a trusted Speak Out advisor in your school. The service does not ask you for your name, and your email address is strongly encrypted. Zumos will protect your anonymity. They believe this is vital for you to be able to trust the service with your wellbeing.
When you see a Zumos resource on the HeadStart Support and Guidance site, just click onto it, and you’ll be taken to the resource on the Zumos platform: you’ll just be prompted to log in to Zumos, and off you go.
If you haven’t got a username and password for Zumos, see below:
I’m a young person in secondary education, and would like to access Zumos resources. What if I haven’t already got a Zumos username and password?
- If you’re in a Wolverhampton secondary school, when you click the link to a Zumos resource, you can simply select the name of your school in the dropdown. Then complete your details to sign up for the Zumos service
- If you’re not in a Wolverhampton secondary school, click on the dropdown list, select “Other” then complete the required fields.
- If you have a school code from your secondary school, go instead to www.zumos.co.uk, click on “Join Us” then complete the required fields.
Please note that you will only receive access to the messaging service (‘Speak Out’) in Zumos if your school has signed up to the Zumos service. If your school signs up later, these features will also be activated.
I work in a secondary school and want to get started with Zumos with the students in my school. What do I do?
There are several ways for a school to get started:
- If you are in a HeadStart Wolverhampton secondary school (see headstartonline.co.uk/headstart-schools for a complete list of these schools) complete access to the Zumos platform, including access to school level anonymised data is free of charge as part of the HeadStart programme. You can book a walk through by contacting Darren Clift at the Wolverhampton Learning Technologies Team. Please email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are in a Wolverhampton secondary school which is not part of HeadStart, please email email@example.com with your first choice of date/time for us to contact you about an telephone/online walk through of the Zumos service.
- If you are not in a Wolverhampton secondary school, go to www.zumos.co.uk , look at the “about us” information then click the “contact us” tab or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your first choice of date/time for us to contact you about an telephone/online walk through evaluation of the Zumos service.
Is Zumos available for Wolverhampton primary schools and Wolverhampton primary age pupils?
Zumos has a separate platform in development for primary school pupils, which is currently being trialled with a number of HeadStart Wolverhampton primary schools. If you’d like to be involved in future trials and development of this platform, please email Darren Clift on email@example.com.