“Take a Minute, Change a Life” – a podcast for World Suicide Prevention Day
In this HeadStart podcast, our panel, which includes young people and national expert Dr. Pooky Knightsmith, discuss a range of issues related to how adults and organisations can support young people who are experiencing suicidal thoughts or at risk of doing so:
- What kinds of factors do you think leads young people to the point where suicide feels like an option?
- How should schools and other organisations talk to young people about suicide as an issue?
- How can young people support one another? What warning signs might they see in friends?
- What could schools or other organisations do to support young people who are depressed, or at risk of suicide?
- What role do you think technology (including social media) can play, both positive and negative?
An excellent overview of a very difficult topic, mixing expert advice from Dr. Pooky Knightsmith, with the thoughts of three young people working with HeadStart.
Send us your feedback on this resource
Unless clearly indicated otherwise, this resource was not created by HeadStart Wolverhampton. While every effort has been made to check it for suitability, HeadStart Wolverhampton is not responsible for its content, or for any other content (comments, advertisements, links) associated with it.
Some of the topics discussed in the linked resources are challenging, and potentially upsetting. If you are a young person experiencing mental health difficulties or other issues highlighted by the resources, please seek the support of a trusted adult. If you need immediate help, please visit this page for information on what to do.